Xavier University has reassessed it’s “Lifestyle.” Young Thug is performing at Xavier University during the annual Springfest concert on April 16. The event will convene at 8:30 p.m. in the Xavier University Convocation center. Although the concert is the biggest event of Springfest week, the events leading up to Young Thug’s performance are generating equal buzz on campus. Springfest is the next event that is ushering Xavier into a new era, said Destiny Vincent, a junior mathematics major and the chair of the student-run Springfest committee.
“I feel like Xavier is making a complete 180. With our new president, he realizes that as times change, we as a university have to change with it. We have to keep up with the pace of today in order to keep our students engaged,” said Vincent.“We are using Springfest as a platform towards appeasing the people and giving them what they want,” Vincent said.
The week leading up to the concert will be full of festivities such as a Kick-Off, the Fashion show, the Dorm Step-off, a block party and tailgating.
- The “Soundcloud” will begin Apr 13 at 7 p.m. in the U.C. Ballroom. The Kick-off event will feature several “upcoming artist ranges from graphic designers to music artist.
- Doors will open for the “Top SZN ”Fashion show on Thursday, Apr. 14 from 8-11 p.m., in the convocation center. Top Szn will feature several New Orleans based designers.
- The “Unreal” party starts at 7 p.m. on Friday, Apr. 15 in the St. Mike’s parking lot. The block party will have food and music and feature a five-team step off competition.
- The “Wave” event is from 2-5:30 p.m. The tailgate will have food, music, a rock climbing wall, and games.
- The Concert starts at 9 p.m, on Saturday, Apr. 16. The featured artists are Macy D., Teezy Baby, Hombre Perkins, B Will and Young Thug.
“The concert is definitely going to be one of our biggest events. Even though we’re taking all of our Springfest events to the next level, students are most excited about finally having a mainstream artist,” said Brittani Heath, treasure of the Springfest committee. “We’re appealing to people all over the state, so I know for sure that this concert is going to put XU back on the map. Our opening acts and Young Thug are gonna have students turnt’ like never before,” Heath said.
Show Comments (0)